Thursday, November 12, 2009

Warmer Days



Today was cold and rainy and gloomy. I was tired. No caffeine for days. Sort of dizzy from the antibiotics for my UTI, which I've successfully overshared about with everyone. A PiA director is in Dalian for the day, and he sat in on my class, which definitely wasn't the best class I've ever taught. So I felt sort of down about that.

On the plus side:
1. One of my favorite students gave me a candy bar.
2. I had a long-awaited Skype session with Talia. It felt good.

So I thought I'd post a little video that I took back in September, just to remember the warmer days in Dalian. This is a campus road near North Gate - it features a funky barbershop, copy shop, dumpling place, etc. I tried not to make it too shaky, but I don't know how successful I was. So here is a small piece of my leafy, green, pretty campus: enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've been coo-coo busy at work so I havent had a chance to check your blog in sometime (usually I like to meander over to your blog after checking my email and facebook first thing in the morning before I do anything worth paying me for at work :-) But this has given me the time and will power to check many of ur updates at once. Maggie! A UTI is bad enough in the US I can't even imagine having to explain it in another country... or in chinese! A resounding "Har-umph" is well earned! Your last few posts were highly entertaining... in no small part because of your student stories!

    ReplyDelete