Tuesday, February 2, 2010

From Taos to Laos!

Currently in Laos, with my friend Hanna, who I met when I was sixteen when we were building houses with the American Jewish Society for Service in New Mexico. Now, we're here in beautiful, hot, humid Vientiane. It feel so good to wear a skirt and the ugliest flip-flops in the world (the only ones I could find in Kunming were bright orange and green).

I can't wait to see what this week holds for us. Tonight we're going to sit down with her bootleg Lonely Planet and map it out. Now that I'm in firewall-free Southeast Asia, I may be able to update a bit more frequently. I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. hey - random question....i stumbled upon something called insomnia cookies - where they deliver cookies to college students - and i noticed that one of the schools is university of michigan - did you ever use it?? - it looks so good, wish my school had it!

    ReplyDelete